Wall art (and canvas in particular) is always a popular addition to Photography packages, from Newborn Photography, Pets, Weddings and Family shoots.
And whilst there are many online companies offering cheap canvas printing or wall art, the final product may be a far cry from the quality and clarity of your original photograph, as one of our new customers recently found out.
‘I had a client who just wanted their images on a USB, which is pretty standard nowadays. They ordered some canvases online, with my images, and then shared them on Facebook. The canvasses were flat, dull and quite frankly awful. Needless to say if my work is going on someone’s wall (and social media) I’d like to know that the quality of the wall hanging is comparative to the original image.’
So how can you make sure that your photos and brand are being represented in the best light? How can you retain some control over the print quality of your images? One simple solution is to include professional products within your photography packages.
‘I’ve found that many of my customers like to have the option of selecting albums or wall art when they book. I now offer a bespoke range of professional products and I’ve started including the price of a large pro canvas in all my wedding shoots. It’s an ingenious way to display an engagement or pre-shoot photo on the big day. The couples are always really happy to see it and it’s also a subtle way of attracting future business, so you can’t really lose.’
Albums and Photo Books are a regular feature in Wedding Packages but you could also diversify your offering depending on the type of shoot you offer. Signing Frames for Weddings, Pro Canvas for Newborn shoots, Colour Blocks for Boudoir or Photo Gifts for Family shoots.
Still not sure if products are right for your business? It may be easier and more beneficial than you think….
Why should I include products in my Photography packages?
- Quality – By using a trusted, professional photographic printer you can be confident that the products will be manufactured to the highest quality. At Dunns, every image is colour optimised and every product is individually quality checked before dispatch.
- Service – Many clients will be pleased to have the option to upgrade. It takes away the pain of having to sort it out themselves and gives them something tangible to share.
- Profits – With an average industry markup of x 2.85, adding products to your packages can really make a difference to your profit margin (that could be over £200! on our 20×30 pro canvas)
- Hassle Free – With Dunns you can order Canvases, Fab Framed Images, Wall Art and Photo Gifts online within a few clicks. We can also send the completed product directly to your clients (if you wish) to save you even more time.
Making sure your products enhance your photography and appeal to your clients is essential if you want to increase sales. Preparation is key!
- Show your clients – It’s always a good idea to invest in samples for your business. By letting your clients see the quality they will be much more likely to upgrade.
- Offer incentives – Give your client an incentive for ordering products in advance with built-in pricing discounts.
Remember that sometimes less is more. If you offer too much choice then it could be overwhelming for your client. Stick to products that you love and represent your brand.
If you would like to find out more about our professional products or samples for enhancing photography packages then give our friendly team a call 01384 564 770 or email email@example.com